Sunday, November 20, 2011

YOU CAN HAVE BLACK FRIDAY

Black Friday is less than a week away.  Yes, I know that some people take this day very seriously.  I tried it one year.  I got up at 2:00 am and stood in line for 4 hours.  When the doors opened, the crowd surged forward, sweeping me inside.  I rushed to get a shopping cart and put it into gear heading for electronics at the speed of light.  Well, as close to the speed of light as I could get when surrounded by 1,000 people.

By the time I made it to the electronics section, everything had been picked over and I had to really dig through the bins. The cell phone, IPOD, and blue ray players on my list were sold out.  I saw one e-reader and lunged for it.  So did a little grandma with blue hair.

Now, I am usually the woman who gives in, lets someone ahead of me in line, holds the door open for others, etc.  But  this time I just couldn’t do it.  Not after the hours and the crowd and the lack of sleep.  I must have been out of my mind.  I held on to my end and she held on to hers.  Our eyes locked and the staring match was on.

I had no idea little grannies could be so mean and so strong.  I lost.  And talk about being embarrassed!  Not just because I was beat out by a little ole lady, but because of my actions.  I blame it on lack of sleep and stress from being in a huge crowd.  But that was the first time I had ever lost control.  And I am going to make sure it is my last.

I no longer do the Black Friday shopping.  The picture of me and the granny that was published in the paper on Saturday made sure of that.

Be sure to watch my Facebook and Blog this week -- The final book in my SEAL, Inc. series is due to release sometime this week.  What a great way to spend the extra minutes of your holiday (if you have any!!).

Have a great holiday!!

Until next week,

Mia

Thought for the Week:

           The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
                                                                               -- Anonymous




No comments:

Post a Comment