Sunday, October 9, 2011

AHHHH .... FOOTBALL SEASON

Here it is, one of the busiest seasons of the year.  For me, anyway.  Football season.  Only, I spend game days differently than most. 

I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, gathering supplies, collecting last-minute donations and sometimes, making a few unplanned trips to the doctor's office.

My daughter is a college cheerleader. One that flies through the air and balances on one leg however-many-feet off the ground.

Honestly, the whole things makes me a nervous wreck.  And if she didn't weigh her whole 100 pounds, and her fit, buff, muscular partner his whole 200 pounds (MANY thanks to his mother for feeding him so well), I would spend most of the game passed out on the cold, hard bleachers.

Yet, I persevere.  I trust the handsome young man to catch her every single time she goes up.  Even if he did accidentally break her nose last season.

It's true when they say we'll do whatever it takes to support our children.  In my case, it's a bottle of anxiety medication.

My new website is now up and running.  You can access it at http://www.dymondintherough.com/ 
And, if you're new to my blog, my books are available on Smashwords.

                                   https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/87362


                                https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/90312


Until next week.


Mia


Thought for the week:

When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.
                                                                                      ---Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment