Monday, October 18, 2021

I am a Murderer .... of Green, Leafy Things

            I stood at the curb in front of my house this week, determined to plead my case to the jury of curb appeal.  I tried, I really did, to add a colorful palette to the front flower beds and around the small retaining wall that borders the sidewalk but something went wrong, very wrong. 

           I bought a flat of pretty flowers and several pots, bags of soil, and even some plant food.  I strategically planned out where each would go and then got to work.  I carefully placed each flower into the hole, and then gently covered the delicate stem with fresh, new soil.  Then I added a dribble of water to keep the bloom happy and hydrated.  When I finished, I have to admit the area looked FAB-U-LOUS. 

For approximately one week. 

        Much to my astonishment, I watched in horror as my beautiful, bright flowers turned to ugly, brown stems.  I added water and hoped to high Heaven I could save them.  Unfortunately, no.  Now I had wet, ugly brown stems.  I added more soil, laced with a dab of food.  Nope.  Out of desperation, I talked to them, pleaded for them to perk up and shine.  I only succeeded in making my neighbors think I'm crazy. 

        Most people wouldn't take this personally and try again; however, most people probably haven't attempted this task five times without success.  Nor have they killed every single thing they've planted.  

            Yes, apparently, I have a black thumb and I am a murderer of green, leafy things. 


 


Have a GREAT week!!

Mia 


Thought for the week:

Bad decisions make good stories. 


Connect with me:

My website:  www.dymondintherough.com

Smashwords: www.smashwords.com

Amazon: www.amazon.com/author/miadymond

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com

Follow me on Pinterest

Friend me on Facebook and join my Street Team

Twitter: @miadymond

Wattpad: miadymond



No comments:

Post a Comment