Tuesday, October 26, 2021

The Death Stare

     Have you ever had that creepy feeling that someone is watching you?  It happens to me every morning and no, I am not paranoid.  I have solid evidence I am being watched. 

    It begins at approximately 6:30 a.m.  I'm usually snuggled in my recliner under my favorite warm blanket with my hands wrapped around a hot cup of coffee.  The house is peaceful and quiet while I listen to the morning news, catching up on world events and convincing my body it is time to get the day started. 

    And then it happens.

    The feeling invades my serenity and kicks my senses into high alert.  Someone is watching my every move, most likely counting how many sips of coffee I drink.  I glance around the room to see if I can identify the culprit, to no avail. 

    And then I hear it.

    A low, soft growl sounds from the corner of the living room sectional - an insistent sound equivalent to the sound of a clearing throat. 

    I lean forward in my chair, my feet planted firmly on the floor just in case I need to make a run for it, and listen intently. The growl gains momentum, growing louder, and then a second growl joins in perfect harmony.  I wait patiently for the beings to make an appearance. 

    Almost immediately, four eyes peer around the arm of the sofa and my furbabies jump to the floor, wagging tails and shaking hineys. 

    No poltergeists here -- Welcome to breakfast time in the Dymond household.




Have a GREAT week!!

Mia 


Thought for the week:

Don't take life too seriously - you'll never get out alive. 


Connect with me:

My website:  www.dymondintherough.com

Smashwords: www.smashwords.com

Amazon: www.amazon.com/author/miadymond

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com

Follow me on Pinterest

Friend me on Facebook and join my Street Team

Twitter: @miadymond

Wattpad: miadymond


No comments:

Post a Comment